Home Remedies for Jaundice
a metabolic disorder resulting from the excess accumulation of the
bile pigments in the blood. This disease is due to the vitiation
of the pitta dosha as it controls the bile pigments. This disease
is also called as kamala. Jaundice can be treated naturally. Let’s
discuss about the home remedies here.
1. Drinking tomato juice daily can treat
the jaundice. But tomato juice should have a pinch of salt and black
2. Juice of bitter guard is very effective
in treating the jaundice. The vegetable needs to be smashes and
the juice has to be collected using clean cloth by pressing the
smashed vegetable. One glass of juice is enough. The juice should
be consumed once a day, preferably in the morning.
3. Take a beet root juice. Take lemon juice.
Mix both in equal parts. Prepare juice of one glass quantity. Drink
the glassful of juice daily for two weeks. One can experience speedy
recovery of jaundice.
4. Drinking amalaki juice three times a day,
a teaspoons quantity each time cures jaundice. Amalaki is nothing
but Indian gooseberry. The botanical name of the same is Emblica
officinalis .amalaki juice cures all ailments including jaundice.
5. Berberies are excellent home remedy for
jaundice. Though this herb helps to cure all liver ailments, its
effect on jaundice is worth mentioning. This herb is also known
as jaundice berry.
6. Chicory plant is the other home remedy
for jaundice. All parts of the plant help in curing jaundice.
7. Gokulakanta plant is excellent remedy
for jaundice. Only the root part of the plant has this medicinal
quality. This plant is good for hepatitis treatment too.
8. Indian aloe can also be used to treat
jaundice and other liver diseases.
9. One should avoid alcohol completely as
this is very dangerous for jaundice patients.
10. The fat consumption needs to be avoided
till the patient completely recovers. Even the curd is avoided.
Butter milk can be given, butter needs to be removed.
11. Snake gourd leaves taken as infusion
helps to treat jaundice. Coriander also needs to be mixed with that
for better results.
12. Turpeth is the other home remedy for
jaundice. Nosoth is the name for this in ayuveda.
13. Fresh green vegetable taken as much as
possible helps for speedy recovery from jaundice. The vegetables
need to be cooked with minimum oil.
Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The
information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to
propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition.
Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.